GO TRIM Sabotin 10km
This run is for everyone who loves short trail running and for those who are new to trail running. Trails that are accessible to anyone with the right equipment and footwear.This year, the trail will take us along the beautiful emerald river Soča to Sabotin with a wonderful view of Nova Gorica and its surroundings. You will cover 10 km of slightly rocky trail, which will remain in your memory. We guarantee that you will be smiling as you cross the longest footbridge in Slovenia and you will be looking forward to the next GO4trail in 2024.
You will be informed about the changes on time on our official website news and on social media.
Public Institutefor Sports Nova Gorica
Bazoviška 4, 5000 Nova Gorica
See ya on November 9th, 2024
Start at 10:30
Start / Finish:
Kayak centre Solkan
GO TRIM Sabotin 10km 640+
We start from the kayak centre in Solkan on the Soča river, where I take a sharp right onto the longest footbridge in Slovenia. From there we run along the cycle path for 2.5km to the fork at Sabotin. A beautiful singletrack - a stone path leads us to the top towards the caverns. On the way, you can see the beautiful emerald Soča River and the view of the nearby Sveta Gora muntain. A refreshment station awaits us at the cabin below the summit of Sabotin. Two more steps and we are at the top of Sabotin, which offers a unique view of Nova Gorica and the surrounding area. A stone path takes us along the ridge of Sabotin to the beautiful ruins of the Church of St Valentine, built at the end of the 14th century. The church complex belongs territorially to both countries. In short, we continue our descent over the stone inscription TITO and we are on our way to the footbridge, where we can see the finishing area and finish for our medals.
Number of refreshment stands: 1 + target refreshment stand at the finish line
Match limit: 2 hours 30 minutes. Start at 10:30 and Finish by 13:00
|Registration and payment up to and including
|GO Sabotin – 10 km
Registration fee refund: In the event of an emergency (declaration of a COVID-19 epidemic or similar) and consequent cancellation of the match by the organizer:
*we return the entire application fee (we deduct only € 5.00 of administrative costs)
*enable the transfer of the registration fee to the year 2025
Cancellations by competitors are only possible until 31/10/2024 under the above conditions (refunds and transfers to other races). After this date, the entry fee will not be refunded and not be transferred to other races. It is only possible to transfer the registration fee to a third party up to and including 4/11/2024.
Group registrations are possible with a payment of €25 per competitor, the price is valid until 31 October 2024! The minimum number of the registered group is 5 runners at the desired distance. Download the table for entering runners!
Registration fee includes:
- starter gift package with GO4Trail promotional T-shirt,
- refreshment with a variety of food and drinks,
- showers and changing rooms in the destination area,
- a hot meal at the finish line,
- a medal for all who cross the finish line,
- medical first aid at certain points along the route and all the time at the finish line,
- a downloadable mileage certificate,
- timings, split times and results, live tracking in the target arena and online.
- GO TRIM Sabotin absolutely women - GO TRIM Sabotin absolutely men
- By categories:
|Year of birth
|To 18 years
|2007 and younger
|18 to 35 years
|2006 - 1989
|36 to 50 years
|1988 - 1974
|51 to 60 years
|1973 - 1964
|61 to 70 years
|1963 - 1954
|71 years and older
GO Sabotin 10km
- The start number is always in a visible place
- Water tank min 500ml
- your own drinking cup
- Mobile phone (working but muted).
We recommend that you follow our FB page in the days before the start, where we will be, according to weather, publish recommendations on possible accessories, which may include gore-tex windbreaker, long pants, gloves, etc.
General conditions of the competition
1. All the participants are insured against accidents with Zavarovalnica SAVA.
2. Competitors must be on the official route all the way. It is a responsibility of each competitor to know the course of the route and to be familiar with the official markings (maps are available on the official website). Those participants who deviate from the official route or intentionally shorten it, will automatically be disqualified.
3. The route also runs along the roads in some parts of the course, therefore, you must comply with the applicable road traffic regulations and behave as prescribed by law for all the traffic users.
4. The access to the refreshments will be allowed only to the runners with a start number in a visible place. Food and drinks should be eaten and drunk at the refreshment site.
5. The use of ski poles is allowed for all the runners. (Rule 251 that replaces Rule 251 (Mountain Races) and Rule 252 (Trail Races) of the IAAF Competition Rules (NEW Rule approved by the IAAF Council in force from 1 January 2019)).
6. At certain points, there will be members of the Mountain Rescue Service and other medical services who will be in constant contact with the GO4TRAIL management. Along the route, in the most exposed places, there will be volunteers who will check the presence of the participants.
7. Participants must follow the basic principles of behaviour in nature and respect it, therefore, they must not leave waste under any circumstances. Waste can be disposed of in the places provided for that. A participant who does not follow this rule and it is caught by the control will automatically be disqualified. All energy bars, gels, drinks, chocolate must be marked with the start number of the competitor.
8. The competition is held in all weather conditions. The only exceptions are situations where the safety of participants may be endangered (extreme storm, natural disaster, etc.). In such case, the supreme judicial commission decides on the dismissal.
9. The participant must be aware and must agree that this type of activity is organized and led by the organizer and is defined as »extreme sport«. As such, it is a a subject to dangers and risks that can include injuries as well as deaths of participants.
10. A voluntary registration for the race is understood as agreeing to the rules of the race and any changes that the organizer must make as necessary.
11. Due to the extreme complexity of the competition, under-18s cannot compete at 28km race.